CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 25, 2006

FOOD!!!!

SO...
today we're all obstaning from food. Why? Is it to retain the, some what, gloreous figure we once held before Rosh Hashana?
I don't think so.
As for me, i think that it's a good opertunity to actualize all the 'promises' we made over the past month. Espeacially over the past two days, we've been telling G-d that we're sorry, i hope, and that we are going to try our BEST to NOT repeat our ofenses. An then we're thrown into a fast day. We are given the opertunity to stop and think about what we've commited ourselves to.
Today are we going to try to daven with a wee bit more kavana? Are we going to be a lil' nicer to our parent(s) and sibling(s)? You don't have to tell me the answers to these questions, just think them to yourselves.
For me this fast as been an extra reminder that i'm different then the people around me. Right now i'm sitting in college, not wanting to be here, and hungrey. But the fast day is giving me a constant awarness that i have higher priorities that are above my school work. They are what i 'owe' to G-d and i must deliver them. I can't be late. I have one week to perfect myself or at least atempt to make that my goal for the up coming year.
This monday is going to repreasent my monday's for the reast of the year.... How am i gonna use it? How are YOU gonna use it as well?
Chag Samayach.

2 comments:

dashop said...

well, I only found this the day AFTER tzom gedalya, sitting here with food already back in me. Although I have eaten my dinner today, I'll take a moment to thank you for this food for my soul. THIS is the type of food I hunger for in university. Have a good one! :-)

Sarah Rutti said...

thanks ley, i still gotto reply to yur email