CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

It's really hard...

I was sitting in class today listening to the teacher speak about geological time scales and the creation of the earth...Of course, throughout his lecture I kept remembering how we know the world was created. >>That lead me to think about this AMAZING autobiography I heard, >>which inspired me to try to live each day closer to HaShem >>and then I *sighed*.

It had been one day since I listened to the autobiography and until I stepped into the outside world I was able to keep that feeling within me, to a high degree.
>> Then I was back outside, being tossed and turned by the currents of the wind and water... subject to weathering and erosion.

But I don't want to be made into a smooth stone, used to the tossing and turnings of the currents. I want to stay angled and coarse, aware of the currents and able to fight against them.

This is my hope, this is my path of survival. Because if I do allow myself to become smooth and spherical, then I will have lost myself to the tide.

B"H, that wont happen. I must stay sharp.

But how? What should I keep in my mind as I traverse the immense hallways and corridors? What can I do to keep my mind in FOCUS? Torah, mitzvout! KAVANA!

3 comments:

SEP said...

Indeed! Wow, such a nisayon you are in my dear. These days I'm starting to realize that one really needs to be davek to Hashem in order to feel at peace and stay strong in terms of yiddishkite. Thus, I think a main component of our Avodat Hashem is tefilah, especially as a woman. So, I think you should work on davening and talking to Hashem. But, that's just my advice, you can take it or leave it.

Sarah Rutti said...

I'll take it, thank you very much. it's hard because in the morning I want coffee, not tefillah. And that's where the yetzer hara comes in. :S

Jelaina said...

Psst! I've tagged you on my blog http://jelaina.blogspot.com/2007/11/oops-ive-been-tagged-7-random-facts.html
for 7 random facts (if you want to!)

Anyhoo! Keep your chin up for we've passed the 'hump' of this semester! Woohoo! (almost there!)