CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 10, 2007

Rosh Chodesh Tevet

Rosh Chodesh rises once again.

This is one of the mitzvout that the yivanim forbade us to keep. Ironically, there is always a rosh chodesh during chanuka, specifically on the 6th night, that remains as a taunt to the yivanim, and everyone else, that Banei Yisroel will always be around preforming HaShem's mitzvout.

I see it as a promise, clear as the moon in a vacant sky, from HaShem. This rosh chodesh stands with us, like all the other mizvout, for eternity. We are here, and we are going to keep the Torah and work on ourselves to be the best ovdei HaShem that we can be.

Specifically for women, this chag and day remains as reminders of the strength that we hold within us. Countless times, it was the women who stood up for the truth and clung to the Torah. It is for these characteristics that we, as women, were given rosh chodesh as our zeman and time.

(With that said I really don't feel like studying on rosh chodesh :-( Too bad I have a final after shekia :-S)

So, enjoy this rosh chodesh and 6th day of chanuka. Use it to better yourself and the people around you, as the women before you have in their generations. May we all realize our kochot and use them for the good of ourselves and others.

Keep strong! Keep straight!

Sarah Rut

2 comments:

SEP said...

So, while I can no longer comment on this post, being that I read it a while ago, I can still comment on the AWESOME picture that you have up here. It was actually my background for a few days. Yes, that was what I wanted to say. Have a good night!

Sarah Rutti said...

Thanks hun, I was thinking of you!