CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 30, 2007

Summer is coming

This is for SEP
The summer is quickly approaching. Are we ready to protect ourselves against the internal wars that are bound to jump within us?
I find that the summer is a time when the yetzar hara tries very hard to grab us. The weather is warm, or hot. Schools are closed. People are usually out and free, having a good time. I see it as a period where lust is increased and skin is flaunted, the protection of winter air leaves.
I don't want to leave my house. Not because it's hot and I'm wearing my long skirt and long sleeve shirt. But because of the sights that jump out at me in the street disturbs me and cause me great discomfort.
(I'm a girl and i can't imagine what affect the atmosphere has on guys. :-( )
So i feel like i must protect myself before the summer comes. I know that it's gonna come and that there are things that i can and must to do guard myself against the yetzar haras planned attack.
I think that it's necessary for me to do something extra. What ever small thing i decide to add will be done every day, and therefore stand as a constant reminder that it's the summer and i need to be extra careful. It doesn't have to be anything big. Something that makes a big enough difference in my day, just by doing it, to stand as a reminder.
That is what i hope to do to protect and guard myself against the summer. There are many enticing things that pop up. Like going down to one of the many beaches i have near my house or bike riding along the sea wall. I'm sure that everyone has their own tivout that spring up, as well, when more leisure time is added to their day. I hope that H' will help us to be matzliach in protecting ourselves and growing during this frightening time.

8 comments:

SEP said...

Amen, and good luck to you.

It is scary to consider the barriers which drop when summer arrives. The respective levels of "dress" during the summer are shocking, and each year things seem to get worse. Already in college students are dressing down, ie. undressing, and I cringe to think what it will be like in the summer.

So again, stand strong and good luck, but I'm sure you'll do what you must to protect yourself from these influences.

SEP said...

P.S. Thanks for dedicating your post to me! :D

Earlyriser said...

To think about it, it's true. Even though I live in a small town, it's surrounded by arabs, and a lot of times cars with blaring music pounds by...You are so right, both of you. Sarah Rut...I MISS U!! Love your roommate who used to get up 10 minutes before you....

Sarah Rutti said...

you changed your sn. I was confused for a second. i hope that you're doing well, i haven't heard from you in a while.
In responce to Sara, thank you for youre reply. i know, i'm not looking forward to going to college during the summer.

Earlyriser said...

I changed it because my computer has its moods....

Sarah Rutti said...

k- well welcome back ;-)

Anonymous said...

Wear Spf! "Sniut Phat (with a ph of course) Frummies" YAY! the advert goes: wear spf and be an spf! woohoo!

memyselfandi said...

totally true, i see it in NY also, majorly!!!! Especially in school, everyones tatoos come to haunt u! its sick! we are in GOLUS- the summer proves it more than a/t else.....