CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

After the surgery...


The surgery was quick and painless. I was told that they removed my three impacted teeth by cutting them to pieces. I vaguely remember asking to see them right after I woke us, but I couldn't distinguish them as teeth, due to the blood and fragment sizes. I've spent the day reading and sleeping. (At least I got some english homework done, Pride and Prejudice here I come.) After the pain killers kicked in, the pain subsided to a tolerable level.

I haven't been able to talk much, because talking opens up the three cuts. So, I've decided to take advantage my blog as a form of communication.

It was rosh chodesh Shevat today, though I didn't feel it much, I'd like to write something to enlighten my, and hopefully your, month:

We have entered the month of Shevat and on the 15th of this month is the birthday of the trees, known as tu b'shevat. We know that Man is compared to a tree, "A person is like the tree of a field..." (Deut. 20:19) As well as the Torah, "Torah is a tree of life for all who grasp it." (Proverbs 3:18) In the article 'Man is a Tree' by Rabbi Simmons, found on Aish.com.

It is explained in the article that just like a tree needs all of the four elements to survive, so too does a man. With out embellishing, you can always read the article, I'd like to point out that there's a reason why HaShem put us in this world when its creation was complete. As we know, Adam was the last creation so be created, and he, therefore, entered Gan Eden when is was basically complete. Interestingly, Adam had to pray for rain before it came, and he named the animals. He was here to take care of the land and use it for good. This teaches us that the world is here to serve us and we are here to take care of it.

In life in general, we are meant to take what HaShem gives us and use it to serve Him. This idea
is applicable in all type of situations, difficult or not. Let us take this reminder from chodesh Shevat and not only safeguard the world we live in but use it to serve HaShem in the happiest way possible.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Jelaina said...

Hope you heal up quickly!

SEP said...

BTW, aside from not having wished you a quick recovery in public, I also wanted to tell you that you did a great job in choosing these two pictures... I love 'em!