CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 22, 2007

It's been raining, 3 weeks and counting...


Apparently, there's been a typhoon from Japan that has swept across the pacific ocean and hit the west coast. As a result, Vancouver has been drenched in three weeks of downpours. I personally don't mind, as I love the rain and find it's sound relaxing and calming. Surprisingly, as well, I haven't gotten sick of it just yet. But, it is still raining.

It's the perfect weather when all you have time to do is sit and do homework. That is why I've been able to have no life but school for the past little while, and I apologize for my absence in posts.

We were luck last weekend, when the weather did allow for some outdoor adventures, and I was able to go socialize with other human beings. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to go outdoors with others when it's raining, but most people don't want to go out when it's raining so it turns into a solo experience.

There is something to learn from this though, too much of anything isn't good.

I'd like to apply that sentence in this case. I'm hoping that mud slides will not occur on the north shore, and that the Fraser river will not overflow its dikes.

For only so much of anything is good, excessive is just that, excessive.

So, have a goood night, week, and month!

Sarah Rutti.

2 comments:

Earlyriser said...

I love the rain too! Especially under the warm covers as I fall asleep, listening to the pattering against the window...to me it sounds like music. Miss you Sarah Rut and hope everything is going well!

SEP said...

I think your point is well made for indeed too much of anything really isn't good. I think the hardest aspect to grasp, of that concept, is that EVEN if we LIKE something, it still may not be good for us. AND, even if something in SMALL measurements is GOOD, the same thing in large measurements could be lethal. Example: Advil. Take more than 13 and dassis kapput.

Anywho, my latest phone update, from my secret source in Vancouver who is known only to a select few lucky people, informed me that the rain stopped. So, enjoy the nice weather while it lasts, eh? ;p